Welcome to Cascade, Idaho                



Back to Yellow Pages


*How to get your Driverís License

1. If you are age 14 to 17, you must take and pass a driverís training course.

2. To become a licensed driver if you are under 18 years of age, you must have

your parentís consent.

3. If you are between 15 and 18, you must have your parentís consent, you must

pass a written driverís test and you must be attending school.

For additional information call the Sheriffís Department at 382-7158.

*How to apply for a Social Security Card

You must have a Social Security card when you start work, whether it is a part-time or full-time job. If you were born in the U.S.A. and have never had a Social Security number, you must complete a free form, which you can obtain by calling 1-800-772-1213 or from the Internet at http://www.ssa.gov. You must present documents that show your age, citizenship, and who you are. You must supply original documents; they will not accept photocopies. Usually your birth certificate and some form of identity, such as a driverís license, school record, or medical record will be sufficient. Although they prefer to see your birth certificate, they will also accept a religious or hospital record of your birth made before you were five years old.

*How to apply for a copy of your Birth Certificate

To obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate contact the Idaho Vital Statistics Office in Boise at 334-5988. If born in another state, must contact vital statistics in that state capital.

*How to Register to Vote

You can fill out a voter registration form either at the courthouse in Cascade, the court annex in McCall or at the polling place on election day. After filling out the voter registration card, you must provide proof of residence.

You must be at least 18 years old, and a citizen of the United States. You must have been a resident of Idaho and the county for at least 30 days before the election at which you vote, and must not have any legal disqualification to vote. Be aware that anyone giving false information to become registered to vote is guilty of perjury.

*How to Register for the Draft

All males must register with the Selective Service within 30 days of turning 18. Applications are available at any Post Office or registration may be done on the Internet at www.sss.gov.

*How to open a Checking or Savings Account at a Bank

To open a new checking or savings account, you must present at least one form of identification (preferably a picture ID) to the bank official. A minimum deposit is usually required to open an account. The local banks have different charges for their services. Signature cards are required for all accounts, and some banks may require two signatures if you are under 18 years of age.

Churches Community Services Education & Libraries Employment Health Services Legal Resources & Advice Living Skills Recreation

Hit Counter  

Send mail to  Cascade_ID@yahoo.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: January 31, 2000
                                                         Click here to contact our web designer JVP