Welcome to Cascade, Idaho                



Back to Yellow Pages

Health Services


Cascade Family Practice 382-4285

Cascade Medical Center 382-4242

McCall Memorial Hospital 634-2221

Payette Lakes Medical Clinic 634-2225

*Public Health Services

Central District Health 634-7194

Community Children’s Medical Fund-Call for Referrals

Pam Davis-Central District Health 634-7194

Terri Roats-Valley County Juvenile Probation 634-5652

-Payette Lakes Medical Clinic 634-2225

Department of Health & Welfare-Medicaid 634-2228


Counseling Center 634-3449

Department of Health & Welfare 634-2228

Individual and Family Support Services 634-2899

Kate Caldwell 634-7424



The following list of agencies may be able to help you with pregnancy questions. Please do not hesitate to call. If you reach someone who cannot help you, they will direct you to a more appropriate agency. Services provided are available for males or females, and are confidential. There are professionals available at designated times to provide medical exams, test for sexually transmitted infections, and prescribe pregnancy control methods. Pregnancy testing is available at a discounted fee. The charges for services are based on your income and family size. No one is denied services if they are unable to pay. Idaho law allows teens 14 years and up to seek reproductive and communicable disease treatment without parental consent.



Central District Health 634-7194

Planned Parenthood 376-9300


Booth Memorial Home 343-3571

Idaho Care Line 1-800-926-2588

Nurturing Network 1-800-866-4666

Online www.nurturingnetwork.org


*Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infections (STD’S)

Sexually transmitted diseases/infections are spread through direct sexual contact with an infected person. Early sexual activity and multiple sexual partners greatly increase you risk of acquiring STD’s.


Common STD’s are gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, crabs, chlamydia and non-specific urethritis. All can cause serious damage if left untreated. Trichomoniasis, crabs and venereal warts usually have no long-lasting effects, but can cause much discomfort. Genital herpes has no cure at this time and can be extremely painful. Some indications of STD’s include: sores or blisters in the genital area, mouth or anus, rashes, discharge from penis, vagina or anus.


If you have any symptoms of an STD or if you suspect you have been exposed to one, contact your physician or you can call the following numbers for further information. Your conversation will be handled in a confidential manner.


Central District Health 634-7194

National Sexually Transmitted Disease Hotline 1-800-227-8922

National Herpes Hotline 1-979-361-8488



Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome is caused by the HIV virus that attacks the body’s immune system. The AIDS virus is passed by having sexual intercourse with an infected person, the sharing of contaminated needles with an infected drug user or receiving a blood transfusion with infected blood. Some symptoms of AIDS are: swollen glands, fever, weight loss, night sweats, cough, and diarrhea. At this time, there is no cure for AIDS and the disease.


If you have any symptoms of AIDS or if you suspect you have been exposed, contact your physician or you can call the following numbers for further information. Central District Health offers confidential AIDS testing and counseling. Your conversation will be handled in a confidential manner.


Central District Health 634-7194

National AIDS Hotline 1-800-342-AIDS


*Physical and Mental Abuse

Sexual Abuse

Sexual abuse is the forcing of sexual contact by one person on another. Sexual contact may involve someone touching you in ways that make you feel uncomfortable, having sex with you, pornography, or someone exposing their body to you. The sexual contact may be by a stranger, or more often by an acquaintance, relative, step-parent, or brother or sister. If you or a friend are living in an abusive situation, whether it be sexual or emotional, call any of the numbers listed below.


Department of Health & Welfare 634-2228

Women in Crisis Hotline 382-7172


If you have been sexually bused, it is important that you tell someone. Tell an adult you trust (minister, parent, counselor, teacher, relative) and call the police. If you need counseling individually or in groups, there is help available for all types of abuse. Reports are confidential.


Rape and Date Rape

If you or your friend has been sexually assaulted, raped, or battered, it is very important to receive medical treatment immediately. If a woman is raped, it is extremely important to report the rape right away to the hospital and police in order to safe-guard evidence and protect oneself from venereal disease and unwanted pregnancy. If the assailant is to be prosecuted, medical evidence can ONLY be obtained at this time.


1. Call the police to report the assault DAIL 911

2. Call the Rape Crisis Hotline 382-7172

A volunteer will help you with your feelings and advise you on the steps to take. 3. Call or go the nearest hospital - McCall 634-2221

Cascade 382-4242


There are several things a woman can do to lesson the chance of date rape:

1. Know the person before accepting a date. Be cautious in accepting a blind date.

2. Double date with another couple. The presence of another trustworthy couple should discourage unwanted advances.

3. Plan your dates in advance and only go to places where you are comfortable, preferably where there are other people.

4. Stay away from secluded areas. Privacy often invites unwanted advances.

5. Stay sober. Be aware that the use of alcohol or drugs while dating can lead to dangerous situations.


*Drug and Alcohol Emergency

If a friend has overdosed on drugs, or is extremely intoxicated, these reminders could save his/her life.

DO NOT WAIT! Get the individual to a hospital as soon as possible. If you can take him/her to the hospital note what he has been drinking, the amount consumed, and the length of time he has been drinking. If you CAN NOT stay with the individual, pin a note to him/her with the name, type and amount of drugs taken and whether or not alcohol was consumed. If you need immediate help call 911.


The following is a list of agencies to contact for help with drug and alcohol problems.

The Counseling Center 634-3449

Individual and Family Support Services 634-2899

Alcohol Abuse Hotline 1-800-627-9103

National Institute on Drug Abuse 1-800-662-HELP

Online www.drughelp.org

National Clearing House for Alcohol and Drug Information


Online www.health.org

Regional Alcohol/Drug Awareness Resources 426-3471


Alcoholics Anonymous and Alanon are self-help groups for individuals, family members, and friends who are affected by an alcoholic. They are non-professional self-supporting, self-help groups. Members share knowledge, experience, strength and hope with one another. For more information and meeting times call 382-7172.



The following are possible indicators of depression (the key is number of indicators, duration and intensity).

-Loss of interest and enjoyment in all aspects of life

-Sadness or moodiness

-Withdrawal or listlessness

-Excessive self-criticism

-Feeling of inadequacy

-Preoccupation with self



-Change in school performance

-Unusual change in appetite and weight


-Preoccupation with death

*Suicide Warning Signals

-Preoccupation with death

-Changes in eating and sleeping habits

-Unexplained or unusual rebellion

-Disruptive behavior

-Depression or withdrawal

-Running away

-Persistent boredom or difficulty concentrating

-Failing grades

-Unusual neglect of appearance

-Radical personality change

-Real complaints

-Giving away prized possessions

-Expressing suicidal thoughts, even in a joking way

*What you can do!

In the majority of cases, suicide can be prevented. Your concern can help save lives.

1. Know the warning signs.

2. BE A FRIEND-above all, LISTEN and let them know you care. Try to convince them to get help.

3. Let a responsible adult know your concern. Get help from a parent, minister, teacher, or counselor.

4. If an immediate threat is apparent, DO NOT leave the individual alone.

5. Call the Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-564-2120 or in case of an emergency call 911.





Churches Community Services Education & Libraries Employment Health Services Legal Resources & Advice Living Skills Recreation

Hit Counter  

Send mail to  Cascade_ID@yahoo.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: January 31, 2000
                                                         Click here to contact our web designer JVP